Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Creatures

Photobucket

Tonight the grasshoppers’ symphony rises. They create a fantasy realm with whistles and strings and stardust. In the dark they are the light, they image the faces and the expressions of the moon and her shadows, guiding me gently home. They are a part of the orchestra of the night time sun, harmonising with my own light and shadows, 'tween trees and dreams and shadowland realms. Tonight the bats share their secrets and explore this world of night with me. Their voices lead me into internal caves, smaller than the eye, for it is within the mind. Their silhouettes form a nest of trees as they settle ‘round me, warm, breathing, alive. They take me for a flight, and as I soar and circle, I come home, returning to earth in the sky, to feed on the night collective, as its winds lift me higher. Tonight the frogs chirp and the owls they hoot, and fill me with much wisdom. Knowledge of the underground, and all the paths circling round and round are in the maps of their eyes, and the stories of their voice. I ride on their backs beneath the skies of the earth, and they all say welcome home.

Brightly-spun, wonder-woven,
Lady Faemore Lorei

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment